Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Noisettes - A Gift from Music Heaven

Once in a blue moon, the musical heavens part to gift the world undoubted talent.  And in 2007, they parted to bring to light one of the best indie rock groups I have ever laid ears on... The Noisettes. 

I have very few regrets but after listening to this band for the first time, my only regret is not having found them sooner!  The band is composed by Shingai Shoniwa (vocals and bass), Dan Smith (backup vocals and Lead Guitar) and Jaime Morrison (drums).  The Noisettes originated in the United Kingdom and their talent has infiltrated worldwide, including the United States, where they have previously toured.  Their first album What's the Time Mr. Wolf? was released in February 2007 reached #75 in the UK Album Charts.  The album made its way to America in April 2007.  Rolling Stone gave the album 3.5 stars and the review read:  " Three bad-news London kids who came to knock you out, take your money and blow your mind".   They definitely blew mine!


Their second album, Wild Young Hearts was released in April 2009 in the UK and September 2009 in the USA and it is with this album that I discovered them.  I was watching a movie... Don't ask me which because I can no longer remember... and one of the singles off this album mesmerized me.  So, I got out the iPhone... Hit the rewind button (Thank God for DVR!), opened the Shazam application and trusted that it will tell me what I just heard, and it did.  It was "Never Forget You" by The Noisettes.  



The single "Don't Upset the Rhythm" was use in a Mazda advertisement in the UK and helped the song reach #2 in UK Single charts.  "Never Forget You" topped the charts at #19.  Essence Magazine considered the album a "1960's-inged soulful rock sound that stays firmly etched in your mind".  I couldn't agree more!

Please check them out.  I guarantee you,  you will not be disappointed.


"Whatcha drinkin'?  Rum or Whisky? Now won'tcha have a double with me?"  :)
Never Forget You

Don't Upset The Rhythm



Remember what I lost like hot coals in my hand from days gone by
like Pandora adored the euphoria as her heart raced
like love lost you've got to try even in vain
feels like you'll go insane
but you're the hardest instrument that I've ever had to play
"In My Heart I can Fly..." 



Atticus





0 comments:

Post a Comment