Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Natalia Jimenez, Pairing Up With Ricky Martin For 2 Premios Juventud Nominations


Perfect Combination w/Ricky Martin
"Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu"

Catchiest Song
Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu"

No stranger to duets, Natalia is a lead singer of the duet group "La 5A Estacion". A member of this group since 2002, Natalia is striking out on her own this year with her first solo album. The first single, "Por Ser Tu Mujer" was release April 19, 2011. The Self titled album is scheduled to drop June 21, 2011. You can pre-order "Natalia Jimenez" on Amazon.com.

We are going to be eagerly awaiting the Premios Juventud awards ceremony on July 21, 2011 on Univision to see if Natalia can score a win. We're wishing you much luck and even more love Natalia!

~Peace







By Ken Rivadeneira

A rite of passage for many lead singers, setting off into a solo career has liberated Natalia Jiménez and unleashed a new, more mature artist.

Natalia Jiménez quickly became a household name during her nine years with the Latin Grammy-winning La Quinta Estación. Her ballads thundered into the hearts of fans from Spain to Mexico, Venezuela and all the way to Argentina, and the group’s elaborate productions turned their live shows into must-see events wherever they toured. But after almost a decade, dozens of awards and accolades, and more than 1.5 million records sold, the enigmatic lead singer branched out to try her luck as a solo artist.



Her long-anticipated self-titled debut album was released in June, bolstered by her successful first single, “Por ser tu mujer.” Infused with an edgier intensity than her previous efforts with La Quinta Estación, the album screams with maturity, signaling Jiménez’s creative growth and her desire to establish a sound that will be familiar to fans who have grown up with her, but at the same time resonate with their own changing tastes.
It’s a calculated risk — one that Jiménez embraces with the same passion she transmits through her music. Her yearlong metamorphosis into a solo artist has given way to a stronger, more independent woman who, much more than a singer with the power to write and perform music, acknowledges her role as a decision maker and a brand, and understands the importance that business savvy plays in the longevity of her career.


On recording as a solo artist instead of as a lead singer
“Honestly, there wasn’t much of a difference. The only thing was I got more involved with the details. I spent more time in the studio, I was there during the production, I chose my own producer — Emilio Estefan, I chose pretty much everything myself. I did that stuff before, but back then I had to talk it over with the rest of the group and see what they thought. It was almost like we all had to get each other’s permission. But I don’t have to ask permission anymore and it’s really great. I’ve pretty much done whatever I wanted!
“I felt very liberated while making this album. In fact, there were songs I recorded that I didn’t like afterwards, so I took them out and replaced them with new songs later. I wrote 15 or 20 songs for this album, but only ended up using about seven or eight of them. The songs on the album that aren’t mine were originally written in English, but I translated them into Spanish, so it’s as if they’re partly mine, too.”


To read more of this article click here




0 comments:

Post a Comment