Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

The 2011 Grammy Awards..What a Night!

I have to tell you, I never miss the Grammy Awards. In my opinion the Grammys are always very well put together. this year was not exception. I thought that I would just share with you a few of my favorite moments in the 2011 Grammy's as well as some of my thoughts.

What better way to start the show than with that amazing tribute to Aretha Franklin, "The Queen Of Soul". As many of you may or may not know, Aretha, has been sick over the past year and could not be present at the Grammys this year, but she sent a video, to express her thanks and gratitude for all of the well wishes and prayers that she's received from her fellow artists and her fans.



211213232
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - See video of the biggest web video personalities.

Then of course there was that incredible performance by Bruno Mars! He did a 50's, 60's style rendition of his hit song "Grenade" complete with black and white film footage! He's such a multi talent! Bruno also performed a trio with B.o.B. and Janelle Monet. Congrats to Bruno for coming away with a Grammy for Male Pop Vocal Performance: "Just The Way You Are".

Bruno Mars in rehearsals for his big Grammy performance

Another highlight of the show for me was Esperanza Spalding and her win for Best New Artist (I like Justin and all, but come on!) Esperanza is an incredibly gifted young lady who's been working her butt off to hone her craft since the age of four! Well done!



Ahhhh and who could get past Jusin Bieber's performance with Jaden Smith!! Will and Jada had me smiling from ear to ear! they were your typical proud and supportive parents! I Loved it!!



And can we talk about Eminem!!! I know...his language can get a little rated R, but his performance was awesome! Eminem was the hard core Grammy favorite with 10 nominations. He didn't score all 10, but he did come away with " Best Rap Album", and "Best Rap Solo Performance".



So we've covered what I liked about the 2011 Grammy's.....now for what I didn't like.....

How could Sade not win the one Grammy that she was nominated for, "Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals".....this is Sade we're talking about people! don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the winner's, "Train"...but Sade god ripped off! but She did win for "Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals"....I would love to post a video of here acceptance accept for the fact that they didn't televise that category.


The second thing that I didn't like was that so many of the other categories weren't even televised! They didn't even have any of the major Latin Artist nominees perform! Pete's sake, I would have rather watched Alejandro Sanz  perform with Alicia Keys that watch Lady Gaga any day!


 (Oh by the way if you want to try and find the winners of the Latin Categories on the official Grammy list of nominees and winners, you'll have to scroll all the way down to number 57...but at least Alejandro wasn't number 109. That honor was saved for "Best Long Form Music Video" Zzzzzzzzz)

Well...with the Grammy's over and done, we're on to the Premio Lo Nuestro.....then we'll be able to get our Latin Groove On!! ESSSSSSSO!

~Peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment